Achieving the qualification will provide sufficient evidence that an individual has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to teach beyond an initial year in the FE sector. Many people could benefit from this course including the below;
- Learners aged 19 +
- Those considering a career in education and training
- Those who already have a role within education and training, who do not already hold an equivalent/ higher teaching qualification
- Those who are already working as an assessor who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching
This qualification will consist of 2 day course, followed by ongoing assessment of the following:
- Course work / portfolio of evidence consisting of
- Lesson Plan
- Micro teaching log
- Practical observation
NB: Qualification registration will last a maximum of 12 months from the date of the course, you must complete the qualification within this time-frame.
This qualification is set at level 3.
This qualification consists of a 2 day course, followed by ongoing assessment.
Who would benefit?
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training