Contract type: Temporary for 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: National Minimum Wage, £8,103.00 – £14,238.00
Sport Blackpool are looking to recruit three Leisure Apprentices to undertake poolside duties ensuring the safety of the public and colleagues at all times in accordance with the Pool Safety Operating Procedures when qualified to do so.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- To have a thorough knowledge of the Sports Blackpool facilities, programmes, products, services, activity programmes, Fitness studio, Exercise studio and Spinning Studio.
- To maintain training hours in accordance with NPLQ guide lines, and to maintain the NPLQ qualification.
- To Undertake specialist coaching and instruction where suitably qualified to do so.
- To attend and complete the supplied and stipulated training as prescribed by FLM Training as part of your contracted working week.
- To be well presented at all times with clean uniform, name badge and a neat and tidy appearance.
- To provide excellent standards of customer service and follow the staff pledge.
- To complete membership show round as and when necessary, with a view to sign up new members.
- To assist the Fitness staff with coaching members in a range of services including initial and follow up inductions, gym based exercise classes and programmes Positively reflects Blackpool Services and Blackpool Council at all times.
- To set up and dismantle equipment as determined by the programme, in a proper and safe manner.
- To complete accurately all paperwork required on a daily basis.
- To ensure throughout the day that cleaning and inspection processes are followed and the facility is maintained to a safe and clean level.
- Carry out regular routine inspections of the sports equipment, with specific attention being given to health and fitness equipment, sports hall and pool areas in order to ensure satisfactory operation and maintenance of safety standards.
- To ensure the completion of all required cleaning and maintenance tasks and schedules that are necessary to meet both corporate standards and expectations of our members and customers.
- Carry out cover at any other centre within the Blackpool Services Leisure Section.
- Undertake any other relevant duties, which may be assigned to you by Leisure Manager/Duty Officer.
- To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Health and Safety procedures and policies and to communicate with the Line Manager about any perceived, or actual, hazards or incidents.
- To be aware of equal opportunities issues, adopting a practical approach and adhering to Blackpool Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
Click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/vulnerable adults. This post is subject to satisfactory two year reference history, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of any essential qualifications and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.