This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise and physical activity for children or at those already running such sessions without a formal qualification. This qualification will provide you with all the information and tools you need to deliver high quality and safe fitness sessions for children and adolescents. We highly recommend that anyone who works with youngsters in fitness or sport complete this course as it will not only help you with ideas, knowledge and experience but also allow you to secure the appropriate insurance needed to work with children in fitness.
Who is it for?
Instructors who are looking to broaden their skills base enabling them to deliver tailored exercise classes for a variety of young people allowing them to enjoy the benefits of exercise in a fun environment.
Candidates will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range inclusive
Format: Home study, 3 day practical workshop, 1 day theory course and 1 day practical & theory assessment
Pre-requisites: Physically Fit with the aptitude to work with children