The Exercise to Music qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise to music. You will learn how to plan and teach safe and effective exercise to music sessions, whilst gaining an understanding of the principles of training, the body’s systems and its response to training.
Who would benefit from
Team members who want to offer group exercise teaching in a studio setting, working with music in a motivating and fun environment.
Candidates will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a group exercise to music session with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
Format: Home study, 3 day practical course, 1 day theory course and 1 day practical & theory assessment.
Pre-requisites: Must be physically fit with the aptitude to work with people and understand music.