The 3 day First aid at Work training course provides the comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most workplaces to become a confident first aider at work. Giving both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. It meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First aid) regulations.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive our most thorough first aid training.
Learners will cover:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- Recognise the presence of major illness and apply general first aid principles in its management
In addition candidates should be able to demonstrate the correct first aid management of:
- Soft tissue, chest, burn and scald injuries
- Injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries
- Eye injuries including how to irrigate an eye
- Sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
3 day practical course (includes assessments)
Various Locations Across the North West